This may be a rhetorical question you ask yourself. Here’s what you should know:
The moment you drive onto the site, park and step out of your vehicle the following should be considered as a safety start-up punch list:
- Put on your harness, and other personal safety equipment that will be needed for site;
- Place cones or delineators around work vehicles and equipment with flags, yellow caution tape or red danger tape;
- Discuss safety issues with the workers, for this site; per the job safety plan;
- Set-up ladders and the first worker up the ladder ties it off;
- Look for attachment points on the existing roof where workers will tie off;
- Install fall-arrest anchors as needed in proper places; one per worker.